Thursday 6 November 2014

Life with Messy curly hair~ Katey-Anne

half up half down how fancy!

be being all artsy and tumblr as per usual ya know 

just an excuse to post a miserable selfie  

I have often been asked the age old question; What's it like to have curly hair?

First of all let's get this straight I don't have ringlet hair or soft flowing waves as you can see, Instead I have rather odd curly/wavy hair that is different on different layers and changes the way it is as much the British weather. 

But despite that less than positive description I think recently I have decided I am actually 'ok' with the hair I have been 'blessed' with.

In my pre-teen and early teen years I was best friends with the straighteners and subsequently found my hair awfully damaged and since then I have made an effort to not put heat on my hair unless absolutely necessary. This does mean that all I have to do to get ready is wash my hair and let it naturally dry which is the biggest plus side to having curly hair because it requires minimal effort to style. 

Another benefit is that because of the curls it means that it is much easier to put in fancy up-do's if one should wish to do so. 

However,

Curly hair gets knotty ALL the time.

My hair gets greasy VERY quickly. 

Plus you can't run your fingers through your hair or brush it during the day if you want to avoid having a candy floss on your head. 


So, after that description I think I will stick to my usual answer to the question and say that 'I don't really mind, I'm used to it' 

Thank-you for reading my lovelies
leave a lil cheeky comment 
lots of love
Katey-Anne xox 

No comments:

Post a Comment