Thursday 20 November 2014

Yummy, Healthy, Vegetarian Curry!~ Katey-Anne


YUM YUM YUM. Now, before you all cower at the thought of vegetarian food I would like to point out that this does no contain any Quorn or typical vegetarian delicacies (which as a veggie I  absolutely love!) it just does not contain meat. 
I first made this recipe in a food lesson around four years ago and have loved it since, arguably because it's the only recipe I can actually cook (lol) .
Now as I'm not one for 200 grammes three carrots and half a piece of lettuce, the measurements will be a tad ish and a bit off but I think that's the best way and you can change it to the amount of people you wish to cook it for!

Step one) Buying the goodies. 


  • An onion.
  • Potatoes.
  • Carrots.
  • Peppers.
  • Spinach. 
  • Aubergine.
  • Chopped tomatoes in sauce. 
  • Chick peas.

 Step Two) Chop,Chop, pour. 


This next step is the boring bit unless you have Master Chef skills and can chop carrots in thirty seconds. Prepare all the veggies and patatoes ready for cooking:)


Step Three) Cooking.


I started by cooking the carrots and potatoes so they would be really soft a light I only did this for around 10 minutes before proceeding to through everything In and cook on full heat for twenty minutes before cooking on low for almost an hour. During this time I added a variety of different herbs to the curry and a small amount of coconut milk. 


Step Four) Serving.

I've always been told that curry should be eaten the day after it is cooked (http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/621522) So I left it in the fridge over night an re-heated it the next evening. I put my curry & rice in a cute blue serving tray. I was once again delighted with the outcome :) 



 Hope you enjoyed this different post today, let me know if I should do more like this :) 
Lots of love 
Katey-Anne xox









1 comment: